Since I was FINALLY done with school and both Jay and David were out of school for Spring Break, we decided to take a family vacation. This was literally a spur of the moment trip. We decided to go on Monday night and were gone by Wednesday. I tell ya, packing a family of 5 for a trip in less than one day, is not my idea of fun...but the trip was nice.
I really, really, REALLY love Southern California this time of year. The weather was perfect and I miss how GREEN it is! So beautiful!
We were able to stay with Jay's Aunt Cherie and family, which was nice and FREE! The first day we took a little trip to Oceanside Beach. It was still too chilly to get in the water, but the kids had fun collecting rocks and shells, playing in the sand, and running away from the surf. I soooo miss the sea air and the ocean!
On Friday we went to Disneyland! David had been wanting to go since our trip to Sea World last year. We bought him a Jedi cloak:
And he got to go to Jedi Training Camp. Unfortunately, he didn't get called up on stage to actually "train", but he still loved seeing a real live Jedi, Darth Vader, and Darth Maul. His favorite ride was Star Tours...does that surprise anyone? :D
OoooOOOoooo!! A real X-Wing Fighter!!! (Try to contain yourselves....)
Jay's cousin Danelle and her friends came and got us discounts on merchandise and even took the kids to Toon Town so Jay and I could ride some rides by ourselves and have some time "alone"...like you're ever alone at Disneyland....
Ahhh...No kids!!! (This was right after Splash Mountain...still a little wet...)
The kids especially liked meeting the characters and getting pictures and autographs:
It was an exhausting day!
The rest of the trip was spent relaxing and recouping from Disneyland. We spent it with Jay's family, sitting back and enjoying the time together. It was nice to get out of town and escape for a few days. Can't wait to do it again! Next time can't come soon enough!

2 comments:
It looks like you guys played really hard and that is what matters. The memories and pictures will last forever.
I see how it is....go on a wonderful family vacation and don't invite the Heap's....your loss! :0)
Glad you had fun. Ya know, except for the tire thing.
Post a Comment