As I sit here contemplating my thoughts on death and the resurrection, I am filled with gratitude for my Savior, the Atonement and the gospel. It is only through Him that we can return to our Heavenly Father and be with our families FOREVER!!!
I'll miss my Aunt Mary, but I'll see her again.
I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength and I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud where the sea and sky come down to mingle with one another. Then someone at my side says, "She is gone..." Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as large in mass and hull and spar as when she was by my side, and just as bit as able to bear her load of living weight to the place of destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her; and just at that moment when someone at my side said, "She is gone", there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices to take the glad shout, "SHE IS COMING!"
And such is death...
Death is temporary, life is Eternal.
I love you Aunt Mary. Until we meet again...
Love, Clarissa

4 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to your Aunt! I am sorry for your loss and am here if you need me.
Luvs,
Jamie
I am so sorry to hear of your (and your family's) loss. I've had a lot of time in the last 7 months to contemplate the very same things and like you am so grateful for our older brother and His sacrifice for us. Love and prayers to you and all the Wilcken's!!
L
That was such a beautiful quote, where did you find that? It especially touched me since when my dad called me all he could say was "She's gone". Which breaks my heart...but then to think of all those saying "She is coming" brightens my soul tremendously. Thank you!
Love this post Clarissa. Made me cry all over again.
Post a Comment