Friday, April 9, 2010

Happenings and Such


Where do I start?

We had a fun day the Saturday before Easter. First, we took the kids to Home Depot for their free kids workshop. The kids (or rather mom and dad) made butterfly houses.

Then we went to take the kids to Mother Nature's Farm for their Easter egg hunt. FAIL!!! They line was ridiculous! So, instead, we did an Easter Egg hunt at Nunu and Papa Stay's house. It was so much better than standing in line, scrambling amongst strangers, and the kids had a blast! I think we're going to make it tradition.

At the last second, I decided to go to my Aunt Mary's funeral in San Diego. I'm glad I did. The spirit was so incredibly strong there!!! What an AMAZING woman she is. She has blessed so many lives in her life time and will continue to do so on the other side. Jay said it was a good experience for him. He's only been to 2 funerals in his life, neither of which were LDS. There is a big difference. He was expecting everyone to be so quiet and mournful, but it was just the opposite. This was a celebration of life and family!!!...not a grieving of those who are gone. Yes, there were tears shed. We will always miss those who have gone on before. But what a blessing it is to know we will be together again someday! This life is so short and forever will come soon enough. Again, I am so grateful for the Savior and his sacrifice that made it possible to have forever families.
It was especially fun to be with all the family I get to see on such a rare occasion. Funerals were always more like family reunions for my kin. Family reunions here and "up there". How wonderful!

Cousins. :)


Siblings. (and Julia.)


Joe and Grandma Lorraine.


Brothers and Sisters.


Aunts, Uncles, Cousins.

On a less happy note, (way to be a Debbie Downer)... I missed my cosmetology theory exam so I could go to the funeral. When I got back, I got the run around from the state board. Due to a death in the family, I was supposed to reschedule the exam without paying the 85 bucks again. WRONG!! They withheld some key information to make that true. *Angry sounds* In the end, I am $85 poorer and 100% okay with that. I wouldn't have missed the (above) experience for the world!

Last night, our refrigerator decided to crap out on us. It runs but refuses to cool. I realized this when I walked into the kitchen to find the floor covered in wetness. After yelling at my kids for making a mess, I realized the freezer was defrosting. (Insert Mom of the Year award here...) Luckily, Jay's grandparents had a spare fridge they were trying to find a home for, and after some creative thinking and help from some family, we were able to save most of our food and some $$$ to boot. I think our fridge just needs some more freon or something.

So, does anyone know of a good refrigeration guy?

Also, last week I had great fun turning these:

Into a whole lot of this:

And even some of these:

Mmmmm.... I got a great deal on strawberries at the Superstition Ranch Market. Fifty cents a pound! I love it!!! Of course, 3 days later they went down to 3 lbs for a $1. Figures. But good deal none the less! Happy Day!

All these happenings and such got me thinking. Life is tough, and sometimes things don't go the way I hoped or planned. There is always some wrench in the works, but when all is said and done, I have a pretty good life. Family, friends and fun to top it all off!

♥ Who could ask for more? ♥

1 comment:

The Heaps said...

K I wanna learn how to make Strawberry jam....next time, invite me over!!!
I'm glad you were able to go to your Aunts funeral. Bittersweet it sounds like.
We need to get together soon!
Luvs,
Jamie